Sunday, October 11, 2015

"Armada" by Ernest Cline


16278318
"Armada" by Ernest Cline is a three hundred and forty nine paged book, I made it exactly fifty pages in before I just couldn't go any further with it. Earlier I read Cline's "Ready Player One", of which I immensely enjoyed, but even then I had a few minor problems with the book. Those problems were multiplied by ten fold in this book. Flat, and bland character development being one. I felt that the characters in "Ready Player One" were a little flat, but the characters here in "Armada" are definitely more under developed. Zack didn't even appear to have his own personality, always using references to describe how he was feeling rather then using his own words. That was another issue that I had with this book. We had the music, video game, book, and movie references throughout "Ready Player One", but here in "Armada" that is literally what the entire book is made up of. References. You are hitting at least one on every page, until it feels like you are reading a text book ... or just a very poorly written book that is attempting to disguise itself behind better ones.

I won't be reading anymore of Cline's books. As far as I am concerned, "Ready Player One" is the only book that Cline has produced ... and we will just leave it at that.

My Rating: 2 Stars - Did not finish

No comments:

Post a Comment