Thursday, April 16, 2015

My April 2015 Book Haul


 "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame. I purchased this 1960 edition through Half Price Books for $3.99 - Although I already own this title in my library, I couldn't resist this copy. The illustrations are gorgeous. The end papers consist of a beautiful, and detailed, colored map, while there are also many colored, and black and white illustrations throughout the book.

The rest of my book haul took place at Barnes and Noble. These are the Barnes and Noble collectible leather bound editions. While I normally collect these a few at a time, I became anxious that they may soon be out of print like many others now are, so I decided to purchase these certain ones while they are still available.
                                                   

Hans Christian Anderson "Classic Fairy Tales". Purple leather bounded with beautiful gold gilded artwork on the front cover, spine, and back cover. Gold gilded pages, and a silk-bookmark. Picture on the right is the front and back end papers, and there are also many illustrations throughout the book.
 "Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales" by the Brothers Grimm. Green leather bounded with beautiful gold gilded artwork on the front cover, spine, and back cover. Gold gilded pages, and a silk-bookmark. Picture seen slightly above is the front and back end papers, and there are also many illustrations throughout the book.




"Fairy Tales from around the World" by Andrew Lang. Red leather bounded with beautiful illustrations on the front cover, spine, and back cover. Gold gilded pages, and a silk-bookmark. Beautiful illustrations throughout the book.


"Bulfinch's Mythology" by Thomas Bulfinich. Black leather bounded with gold gilded illustrations on the front cover, the spine, and the back cover. Gold gilded pages, and a silk-bookmark. The below left picture is the front and back end papers. The below right picture is one of the absolutely gorgeous illustrations that this book contains.

 "Aesop's Illustrated Fables" by Aesop. Blue leather bounded with gorgeous illustrations on the front cover, the spine, and the back cover. Gold gilded pages, and a silk-bookmark. Some of the loveliest and most plentiful illustrations are found in this book.


"Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy. White leather bounded with pretty designs on the front cover, spine, and back cover. Gold gilded pages, and a silk-bookmark. No illustrations, but still a beautiful book.                                                               
This will likely be my last book haul for the month of April. To say that I went past my book budget this month is a understatement. Stay tuned as a updated Shelfie will be posted as soon as I rearrange and organize my bookshelves to accommodate my new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment