Saturday, May 23, 2015

My Precious! - May 2015 Book Haul Continues ... Again

This is a Folio Society edition of "The Princess Bride" by William Goldman. I have a confession to make, I bought this book new through the Folio Society. This is one of my absolute favorite books, this edition is one of the prettiest editions that I have ever witnessed, and I could not find it used anywhere. So yes, I purchased it brand spanking new, and I have no regrets about that purchase. It is bound in a green cloth, and has gorgeous black and gold embossed illustrations on the front cover and on the spine. As is typical in the Folio Society editions, it includes a slip-case (this one is orange), does not include a attached silk-bookmark, and has regular non gilded pages.


                 The front and back end-papers are in a gorgeous illustrated map.
               And there are several beautiful illustrations throughout the book as well.
This edition will be replacing the paperback edition that I had in my library prior. I think that we can all agree that this Folio Society copy wins hands down, no questions asked.

This is now one of my favorite books featured in my library, and I will own it with pride. I have read this title twice already, and I will be reading it several more times in the future. It comes highly recommended. You can read the book review that I wrote on it, here : Book Review of "The Princess Bride" by William Goldman
This is my precious! It will be jealously guarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment