Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Book Review of "The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her own Making" by Catherynne M. Valente

                            9591398
Wow, what did I just read?! It was like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland on crack. I loved every single moment of it. The writing was beautifully composed, the story was witty, fun, and humorous, and the illustrations were very well done, and complimented the book and story.

With that being said, why is this book not better known then what it is?! I borrowed the first, and the second, book of this series through my local public library. My library has had these two books on their shelves for roughly three years now, and the first one in the series was checked out by two other people before me, each a year apart, and the second was only checked out of the library by one other person before me, also about a year before me. What the fudge nugget?! These books deserve so much better then that.

My Rating : **** 1/2 (am I allowed to do a half star ... 0_o)

No comments:

Post a Comment