Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Book Review of "Mermaids in Paradise" by Lydia Millet

The description sounded so intriguing, but it was nothing more then a empty promise. I made it to page twenty before I called it quits. Right away I could tell that this was written in the style of a chick-lit, the twenty pages that I did read just blabbered on and on about where to go for their honeymoon, their wedding, their wedding preparations, bachelorette and bachelor parties, and friends. Who cares?! Not I, I cannot stand chick-lit and this book would not of been checked out from my local public library if I had known this previously. Thank goodness it was borrowed from the library ... that was my bright point in reading this book. Bottom line was that I just did not care for the authors writing, nor her writing style. Pass.

My Rating : *

2 comments: