Saturday, May 16, 2015

May 2015 Barnes and Noble Book Haul

As promised, here is my recent book haul that took place at Barnes and Noble this past week. These beautiful leather bound collectible editions were on sale for buy one get one half off. Who can resist that deal? Not I.

This first picture features "John Carter of Mars" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. This edition includes the first five books out of a series of eleven. "A Princess of Mars", "The Gods of Mars", "The Warlord of Mars", "Thuvia", "Maid of Mars", and "The Chessmen of Mars". I did not own these titles in my library prior to this edition, and I have not read this series before now. The second book featured in this picture is "Dune" by Frank Herbert. I did not own this title in my library prior to this edition, and I have not yet read this book.
Here we have "Dracula and other Horror Classics" by Bram Stoker. I already own a beautiful edition of Dracula in my library, but this edition also includes all of the other horror pieces that Stoker wrote. I recently read Dracula, but I have not read any other works by Stoker at this time.
In this picture we have a collection of E.B. White's books, "Charlotte's Web", "Stuart Little", and "The Trumpet of the Swan". I did not own these titles in my library prior to this edition, and I have not actually read any of his books before. Then we have "The Story of King Arthur and his Knights" by Howard Pyle. I did not own this title in my library prior to this edition, and I have not yet read the book.

1 comment: