Saturday, May 30, 2015

Book Review of "The Prophet of Yonwood" by Jeanne DuPrau


207034

This book made it onto my did not finish list. I got no more then a chapter into this book before calling it quits. To be honest, I didn't have very high hopes for it before I even started reading it. I was disappointed in the second book in the Book of Ember series, and then this book, the third book in the series, had very low ratings on Goodreads with several unsatisfied reviews. I see why now. The City of Ember should of been a stand alone novel, despite my wanting to know what happened not only before the city was built (The Prophet of Yonwood), but what happens after the citizens of Ember leave their underground city (The People of Sparks), simply for the very fact that the authors writing ability has progressively decreased after her first book was written. There is a fourth book in the series, "The Diamond of Darkhold" but I believe that at this point and time I am finished reading these books. I may just pretend that The City of Ember is a stand alone novel, and that the other books in the series don't actually exist.

My Rating : *

No comments:

Post a Comment