Monday, April 20, 2015

The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

I have come to the conclusion of this magnificent series. It was a marvelous ride, and one that I will be taking again in the future. This will be on my to reread list.

That being said, I feel that this may have been one of the weaker books in the series. Although there were some note worthy stories in this one, as well as some interesting facts revealed throughout, I just felt that Doyle was tiring of his characters at this point and it had started to show through his writing.

There are a few cases in this book that are narrated by Sherlock Holmes himself. All other cases have been narrated by Dr. John Watson up until this point, so I found it to be both refreshing and a interesting prospective to see the case through his own eyes.

My Rating : ****

No comments:

Post a Comment