Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sleep Deprived

Please tell me that I am not the only person that chooses to deprive myself of sleep in order to get some more reading time in. 

This will typically happen when I am reading a book that keeps me on the edge of my seat. I am either in the middle of something that is currently taking place, and I want to see it through, or I want to know what happens next. I watch the clock tick by in horror as I desperately glance from it, back to my book. It's a race that I have never been able to win. I swear that I have seen more then one sunrise because of being unable to set a book down. I once even tried to finish reading a book in the dark, by nightlight, when younger because I didn't want my parents to realize that I was still awake. Far too many nights as a teenager resulted in me tip toeing back to my bedroom after spending most of the night reading ... most nights actually.

Most nights however I simply just choose to continue to read rather then heading off to bed and getting my full eight hours of sleep. The power of reading.

                       

1 comment: