Monday, October 19, 2015

"Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman


14497
"Young man," he said, "understand this: there are two Londons. There's London Above - that's where you lived - and then there's London Below - the Underside - inhabited by the people who fell through the cracks in the world. Now you're one of them. Good night."

The first half of this book, and the second half of this book were like entirely different reading experiences for me. The first half, although well written and alluring as to where the story was leading up to, was also dull to the point of sending me into a reading slump. The slowness of the plot left me with no desire to continue reading it in order to see how events were going to play out, and therefore this poor book saw a lot of down time and inactivity. However, the second half of this book was both fascinating and faster paced. It really redeemed the entire book. I realize that I didn't paint a very pleasing description of this book, but I really do recommend it. Just stick with it.

My Rating: 4.25 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment