Saturday, October 31, 2015

Book Unhaul | October 2015 ~ 7 Books

After my last book haul I cleaned up my bookshelves and did some purging. Some of these books have been read and I decided that I didn't desire to own them, and some of them I did not read but I find that I no longer want to read them. Seven books total are being released back into the wild.

"Armada" by Ernest Cline.
I really enjoyed "Ready Player One", but this one really disappointed me. I actually didn't even bother to finish reading it. I will be keeping "Ready Player One" as I did really enjoy it, but I will not be reading anymore books by Ernest Cline.
"Falling Kingdoms" by Morgan Rhodes.
I wanted to like this one but I wasn't the biggest fan of the plot, the writing, or the characters. the maturity level was just not there, and I have found that I just cannot relate to a young cast of characters any longer. This one has been compared to "A Game of Thrones", and I choose to just read that series versus continuing on with this one.
"The Archived" and "The Unbound" by Victoria Schwab.
Letting go of these two hurts more then I would like it to. I adore Victoria Schwab's books, but these two young adult books just didn't do it for me. One of my biggest issues with it being the maturity level. I do not know if this is because of it being a young adult book (The other two books of hers that I have read were her adult books), or if it is because of being some of her earlier works, but whatever the issue is they left me feeling unsatisfied.
"The Young Elites" by Marie Lu.
I lost all desire to read this one. It feels directed towards a much younger audience then me, and I feel like I ultimately wouldn't enjoy it, so I don't wish to waste any of my time reading it.
"The Drowned World" by J.D. Ballard, and "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" by Jack Finney.
 I looked these two books over, and ... I wasn't too impressed by the little that I did read.

No comments:

Post a Comment