Tuesday, October 27, 2015

"The Unbound" by Victoria Schwab


13638131
"The Unbound" by Victoria Schwab is the sequel to "The Archived".

Whist I enjoyed "The Archived", I did not find "The Unbound" to be its equal. "The Archived" was by no means perfect, having only formerly read Victoria Schwab's adult books prior to this I found her young adult books to have a much different feel to them, and this certain one definitely suffered on quality. My biggest qualm being that it felt like it decreased in maturity level. I was disappointed. This is supposed to be a trilogy but Victoria Schwab has never gotten around to completing it, and it doesn't appear that she plans on doing so in the very near future. One might think that she herself is disappointed in the books as she has grown and developed as a writer. I adore Miss Schwab as a writer and consider her as one of my favorites, but this series just didn't do it for me as I had hoped it would.

My Rating: 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment