Thursday, October 8, 2015

October Book Releases - Out Now

October is apparently a big month this year for some highly anticipated book releases. These are the releases that are currently in stores now, not necessary all books that I am excited about but rather the books that seem to be receiving the most attention.

"Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" by J.K. Rowling, illustrated edition. Being a big fan of the Harry Potter books I was of course interested in this book when I first heard about it. however I was thinking a children's picture book rather then the full book in illustrated form that it actually is. The illustrations are gorgeous. There is going to be one illustrated book for each of the Harry Potter books, one to be released each year, all full editions of the books. I may have to start collecting these ...

"The Sword of Summer" by Rick Riordan, book one in his new series "Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard". I was originally excited for this book, but my enthusiasm has since waned. I highly recommend Riordan's books, I just find them to be a little too juvenile for my tastes.

"Carry On" by Rainbow Rowell. This book looks like a delicious read, but I feel like in the end I would be very disappointed in said book. It sounds like a chick-lit attempting to portray itself as fantasy. I may very well pick this one up if I happen to run across it at my library, but otherwise I won't be seeking it out.

And lastly is "Life and Death - Twilight Reimagined" by Stephenie Meyer. This book recently shocked Twilight fans. Stephenie Meyer was able to keep this book a secret, and under wraps, up until the book hit shelves and fans started to stumble on it, and then spread the word. This book is almost a exact copy of Twilight but all of the characters have been gender swapped. Am I the only one that thinks that this sounds completely awful, and unimaginative to boot? Then again, I really didn't care for Twilight. I will not be reading this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment