Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Book Review of "The Lightning Thief" by Rick Riordan


28187

I find "The Lightning Thief" by Rick Riordan to be slightly more difficult to rate and review then the typical book. On the one hand I found the book to be action packed, never really experiencing a lull in the plot, full of interesting Greek mythology which I found to be somewhat unique to the young adult genre, and the story-line itself was intriguing enough to pull me in. On the other hand I found the book to be a little juvenile, and the reader was easily able to stay one step ahead of the characters. I was exasperated at how slow the characters were when it came to thinking, and figuring things out. Always falling for tricks and traps ... never seeing things for the way that they were. All in all I will be reading the rest of this series. And it really got me interested in Greek mythology ... I own a beautiful book on this subject that I have yet to read ... I may bump it up on the to be read list now.

My Rating : 3.75 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment