Monday, June 15, 2015

Hoarding Library Books

I have twenty library books checked out on my library card at the moment, five of those books have been read and were ready to be returned. The plan was to just drop them off at the drop box and not even go in, considering that I still have fifteen books to read yet. Yeah, I went inside. Why would I do that? I can't possibly read them all before the due date, and I have already renewed some of them because I wasn't able to read them in time, despite trying to read them in order of when they were checked out, there are just too many books waiting on the sidelines. I found two more books. Return five books, add two books. Hey, at least there is a slight decrease taking place.

My conversation with the librarian

Librarian: You have several books that are due today
Me: I returned some today
Librarian: Okay, I'll read them off to you and you can let me know which ones were returned today
Me: Okay dokey artichokey (not really)
Librarian: A Darker Shade of Magic?
Me: I didn't return that one. I'm currently reading it.
Librarian: Okay, we will renew that one. A Wrinkle in Time?
Me: I returned that one.
Librarian: Heart-Shaped Box?
Me: I didn't return that one. I was debating if I wanted to read that one or not.
Librarian: Okay, we will renew that one ... that one was already renewed once, can you bump it up on your reading list?
*Chuckles sound behind me*
Librarian: A Wind in the Door?
Me: I returned that one
Librarian: A Swiftly Tilting Planet?
Me: I returned that one
Librarian: Rooms?
Me: I returned that one.
Librarian: World War Z?
Me: I didn't return that one
Librarian: Okay, we will renew that one. The Search for WondLa?
Me: I didn't return that one
Librarian: Okay, we will renew that one. You also have several that will be due in two days, but these are now all renewed for another two weeks. You have seventeen books checked out on your card.
Now there are more chuckles sounding behind me

I have issues, don't you dare judge me!

Trust me, I fully intend to sort through my library books and weed some out ... or read faster ... I could get a lot more reading done if I just stopped wasting so many hours sleeping every night.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has happened to me...a librarian! O_o

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sickness does not discriminate. I am lucky that most librarians understand my disease and don't make it difficult for me. :)

    ReplyDelete