Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Favorite Authors Discovered During 2015 - And My Favorite Books Of 2015

Since joining the Goodreads and BookTube communities, I have certainty discovered a wider range of authors, many of which I would now consider as new personal favorites. Below I have constructed a list of the authors that I have read during this year that fit that category.

Favorite Authors Discovered This Year
V.E. Schwab - I first read V.E. Schwab's "A Darker Shade of Magic" back in June, which I immensely enjoyed. Since then I have read her "Archived" and "Unbound" books written under Victoria Schwab, her young adult works. I didn't care for them, but I continue to be a huge fan of her adult novels, having since read her book "Vicious". V.E. Schwab has several books due to be released in 2016.
Pierce Brown - I read Pierce Brown's "Red Rising" back in June and became a instant fan of his. I am actually currently reading the second book in this trilogy "Golden Son", and his third and final book in this trilogy is being published in February of 2016. I look forward to reading any books that he may write in the future.
Victoria Aveyard - "Red Queen" was Victoria Aveyard's debut, being her first book. I read this back in July and really enjoyed it. The second book in this series is to be published in February of 2016. I am unsure if she is a author that will continue to impress me with all of her written works, but I have really enjoyed her thus far.
Sarah J. Maas - I first read "Throne of Glass" back in August, the first book in the Throne of Glass series, and have since read all of the books in that series. I also read her newest trilogy "A Court of Thorns and Roses", and was equally impressed with it. Sarah J. Maas has since become a fast favorite of mine and I eagerly look forward to all of her book releases.
Naomi Novik - I discovered Naomi Novik when I picked up her book "Uprooted" at my local library. It was delicious. I currently have the first book in her "Temeraire" series and I am really looking forward to reading more by her.
Neil Gaiman - I can't believe that I haven't explored this author before now. I am slowly making my way through his books, and so far really enjoying each one that I have read.

Favorite Books Of 2015
The Sherlock Holmes books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. These books were fantastic.
Dracula by Bram Stoker.
The Monstrumologist books by Rick Yancey. I loved, absolutely loved, this series, but I would not consider Rick Yancey as one of my favorite authors as I hated his 5th Wave series.
The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness. This series was awing, but I also would not consider Patrick Ness as a favorite author of mine since not all of his books appeal to me.
Favorite books of 2015 also include all books by the above mentioned authors in the favorite author category.

No comments:

Post a Comment