Thursday, December 17, 2015

Massive Book Unhaul | December 2015 ~ 89 Books

I had become unhappy with my library. Unhappy in the sense that I had a lot of books on my shelves that I no longer had the interest in reading, no longer felt that I would ever re-read many of ones that I had read, and as my taste in books has shifted drastically over this past year, I also had a lot of books that I felt lacked the maturity level that I now desired. About two weeks ago I begun to go through my bookshelves, book by book. I took each one off of the shelf, flipped through them, and made the ultimate decision of whether or not I wanted to keep it. It took me nearly two weeks to complete this project. The end result? I had unhauled 89 books total. My bookshelves are cleaner, more organized, and they now contain only those books of which I dearly love, and books that I am excited about reading. I have never really been one to want to own massive amounts of books purely for the sake of owning massive amounts of books. If I don't love a book, I don't want to own it. If I am not excited about reading a unread book, I don't want to own it. With that mindset I eliminated the following books from my library. Some of them are too childish for my tastes, some of them I actually owned multiple copies of, Some of them I enjoyed but didn't love, some of them I can't foresee myself ever reading again, and some of them I just simply lost all interest in reading.

I will shortly be featuring a updated shelfie of my bookshelves, which are looking a little bare at the moment but which are more suited to my tastes. Sadly there are too many books in this certain unhaul to name them all and give my reasons as to why I am unhauling it.

2016 is going to be a good reading year! I am eager to read all of the unread books on my shelves.



No comments:

Post a Comment