Saturday, December 5, 2015

"The Assassin's Blade" by Sarah J. Maas


18243700
"The Assassin's Blade" is a Throne of Glass novella.

Although I did enjoy getting a glimpse into Calaena's past while she served under Arobynn Hamel, king of the Assassin's Guild, this book did fall a little flat compared to the actual series. We haven't really been shown the assassin side of Calaena until now, and I must say that I was rather disappointed. She claims to be the best of the best, and is so sure and cocky of herself and her abilities, and yet, she really is a rather terrible assassin. Constantly making mistakes and getting caught. I suppose that it makes her a little more believable as a character, but I don't exactly find myself entirely impressed by her. Her character continues to be a little full of herself in the series, but I am glad that she isn't quite as snarky as she was portrayed here. You really start to get a feeling on what shaped her as a person.

My Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment