Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Great British Bake Off Tag

Hey guys, this is the great British bake off tag. A book tag with questions inspired by the great British bake off television show.

Great British Bake Off Tag

The cake has sunk in the middle, pick a book that didn't rise to your expectations
A few of Rick Yancey's books fell flat for me. I consider his Monstrumologist series as one of my favorites but his 5th Wave series severely disappointed me. I picked the 5th Wave up after reading the first book in the Monstrumologist series and so I had very high expectations that were not met. The final book in the Monstrumologist series also disappointed. I could say the same for Victoria Schwab's Archived series. Love the former two adult books of hers that I have read, was let down by this particular series.

Once you've eaten one you're hungry for more, and each time you eat another they get more and more delicious. Pick a book series or trilogy that got progressively better
At the moment I have started a lot of book series but have not progressed very far into those series, something that I am aiming to fix during this month of my conquering book series TBR. However I must say that the Sherlock Holmes books by Arthur Conan Doyle fit the bill here, as does the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness.

Kneading dough requires hard work and determination, pick a book that you had put off for ages and needed a lot of determination to pick up
I actually have several of those on my bookshelves. Some books I actually really desire to read but have been putting it off for now due to the sheer size of them, Patrick Rothfuss's King Killer Chronicles, many of Brandon Sanderson's books, and George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series. I will be reading these very soon but I wanted to get some of my other books read first before tackling these massive ones. I also have several behemoth classics that I'm trying to get the courage to read. Les Miserables or The Count of Monte Cristo, anyone? Books of that description that I have actually read however, The Grapes of Wrath. Of which I loved, by the way.

Foreign desserts such as crambolay and spanishwingtort are on the menu, pick a book set in a foreign country
Does fantasy count? I have read some books that take place in the United Kingdoms (Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, etc), but since a large majority of the books that I read are fantasy ... the worlds often are not replicas of our own.

Not usually used but surprisingly good, pick a book from a genre that you wouldn't normally read but ended up loving
I don't read romance, contemporary, non fiction, mystery, and chick-lit. I have read some, but of those I can't really recall ever having more then a 'meh' feeling about it. That's why I don't read those genres. Sadly I cannot think of a answer for this one.

Short crust pastry can crumble easily, pick a character who you initially liked but as you read more and more your relationship with them crumbled apart
This wound is still fresh, so I am going to go with the characters from the Monstrumologist series by Rick Yancey.

Recipes from the past that still taste delicious today, pick your favorite classic novel 
The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Your eating a chocolate eclair but there is barely any filling inside, pick a book that lacks substance and falls flat
I have read a lot of these ... most recently was "Queen of the Tearling" by Erika Johansen, and "Armada" by Ernest Cline.

Chocolate is the comfort food for many people, pick a book that you can read again, and again, and still find comforting 
The Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien, as well as the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. These are the books that I come back to time after time. In fact it has been a while since I have re-read any of these and I am itching to return to them once more.

Everyone is out to impress with extravagant showstoppers, pick your favorite book of the year so far that really impressed you
I have read a lot of impressive books so far for this year, it would be difficult to chose just one. "The Monstrumologist" by Rick Yancey, "Vicious" by V.E. Schwab, "Uprooted" by Naomi Novik, and "Red Rising" by Pierce Brown, just to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment