Saturday, August 8, 2015

Barnes and Noble Book Unboxing/Haul August 2015

Here we are, one week into the month of August and I have a book unboxing/haul to show you guys. This is actually almost equally one parts Barnes and Noble and one parts Book Outlet. I will specify. I didn't think think that I would be able to feature my book haul today as one package from Barnes and Noble did not arrive until literally a hour ago. I had one order from Book Outlet that I received about five days ago, and then this order from Barnes and Noble that was split up into two separate boxes, one package I received yesterday and the other one was just delivered today. The first books of August.

Without farther ado let's begin this book haul!
This is from my Barnes and Noble order. The "Chaos Walking" trilogy by Patrick Ness, paperback editions. I just read the first two books in the trilogy, "The Knife of Never Letting Go" and "The Ask and The Answer", and I am now currently reading "Monsters of Men". I had checked out all three of these books from the library and I knew upon reading the first one that this was a trilogy that I wanted to own. All five star books, which is a really rare rating for me. You can't tell from the picture but "The Knife of Never Letting Go" and "The Ask and The Answer" were damaged upon arrival, the pages are badly ripped and crinkled. The box itself was in good condition so the books must of been shipped out in that condition ... I was very disappointed. Barnes and Noble has been contacted about this issue and they have promised to replace them for no additional charge.

I also received a replacement copy of "The Archived" that I had previously received damaged.

This is also from my Barnes and Noble order. "A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness, hardcover edition, and "The Young Elites" by Marie Lu, hardcover edition. I have already read "A Monster Calls" but "The Young Elites" I have not. It sounds really good though. This is the same author of "Legends" which is on my TBR for the month of August.

And this is my Book Outlet order. I wasn't really expecting to place a order with Book Outlet but one of the books on my wish list popped up and things just happened ... and that book was "The Boy who Drew Monsters" by Keith Donohue, hardcover edition. I read this book already and I really enjoyed it ... the creep factor is excellent. And if you are buying one book you might as well buy more ... am I right? Book Outlet had books two and three in "The Infernal Devices" trilogy for very reasonable prices, and as these were books that I have been wanting to read for a while now so I decided to just add them to my cart. Book two is "Clockwork Prince" paperback edition, and book three is "Clockwork Princess" hardcover edition by Cassandra Clare. Now I just have the issue of not having the first book ... So I really didn't solve any issues, did I? I did not like Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series because of a dilemma that disgusted me, but I did hear that this trilogy is a lot better and so I wanted to give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment