Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Half Price Books Book Haul August 2015

I had to go to Barnes and Noble last night because I had some online book orders that I needed to get straightened out (some books were received damaged, one order was actually a glitch in the system and I not only received duplicate copies of the books that I had ordered but I was also double charged). The manager on duty was very pleasant to deal with, and even assured me that he as a book collector also would not of been satisfied with the slightly crinkled pages. He went to find me a replacement copy of "The Knife of Never Letting Go" and brought back up two copies so that I could pick out and choose my own. It's nice when my book disease is recognized and understood. Next I had a box of books to sell at Half Price Books (the books that I have featured in my past two book unhaul posts). "We will call your name when we have a offer for you, meanwhile feel free to look around a browse" ... they know exactly what they are doing. My 'browsing' uncovered five books. I got a decent sum for my books but I ended up paying out of pocket still for my purchases.

I got, "The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman, hardcover. I read this book earlier and I really enjoyed it. My review on this book can be read here: "The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman
"Stardust" by Neil Gaiman, paperback. I have not yet read this one but it sounds good.

"Phantom of the Opera" by Gaston Leroux, hardcover. I actually already own this exact edition, but mine was rather shabby compared to this one. I will be replacing my current copy with this one. "The Haunting of Hill House" by Shirley Jackson, hardcover. I have been wanting to read this book for a while now. And finally, "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern, paperback. I read this book several years ago and enjoyed it at the time, but I don't really remember all of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment