Friday, August 7, 2015

Favorite Chapter Headers

I actually went through a lot of the books on my bookshelves in order to showcase some of my favorite chapter headers of some of the books that I own in my personal home library.
1. First up are the chapter headers from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Each chapter has its own personal illustration, and the illustrations are just so perfect for these books.

2. "Bird Box" by Josh Malerman. Each chapter header is illustrated with this gorgeous tree branching out. Gorgeous and yet oddly creepy in a way which is so fitting for this book.

3. The entire "Fairyland" series by Catherynne M. Valente. Each chapter is not only illustrated with these whimsical illustrations but also gives a very brief synopsis of that chapters contents. I love it.

4. These are the chapter headers for the books in "The 5th Wave" trilogy by Rick Yancey. Enough said.

5. The chapter headers for the books in "The Grisha" trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. These are stunning.

6. The chapter headers for the books in the "Throne of Glass" series by Sarah J. Maas.

7. And this, this is the chapter headers for "A Darker Shade of Magic" by V.E. Schwab. Wow ...

I didn't include any of my Barnes and Noble collectible leather bound editions which all have gorgeous illustrations throughout.

Aren't these just drop dead gorgeous though?! It is like a little reward for each chapter that you finish and start. Yeah, I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment