Sunday, September 6, 2015

Barnes and Noble September 2015 Book Unboxing/Haul

Technically this is a August book haul as I did place the order back towards the middle of August, but as I did not receive it until yesterday it has now become a September book haul.

Earlier in August I read "Throne of Glass" by Sarah J. Maas. I loved her talent as a writer, I loved the story, I loved the characters, and I loved the world that she developed. I later unhauled my paperback edition of Throne of Glass ... because I wanted it in hardcover! So I purchased "Throne of Glass" book one, hardcover edition, "Crown of Midnight" book two, hardcover edition, "Heir of Fire" book three, hardcover edition, "The Assassin's Blade" a novella in the series, hardcover edition, and "Queen of Shadows" book four, hardcover edition. This last one is the reason that my order was so very late. It is a newly released novel in the series, being released on September 1st. Her next "Throne of Glass" book will not be released until 2016, a release date not yet being set. The title and cover design also has not been released at the time. I am so excited to read further into this series! I hear that it only continues to get better as the series progresses. This series is classified as young adult fantasy.

I also bought "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss, soft cover edition. I find myself returning to the world of adult fantasy after continuing to be disappointed by young adult time after time. I have heard so many good things about this book. There is a second book, "The Wise Man's Fear", that I may also be purchasing here in a bit, but the third book sounds like it will not be published until 2017, at the time not having a release date, a cover design, or a title. Patrick Rothfuss is described as a master story teller but a slow writer ... ah well the best books do take a while to develop. I would rather wait for a well developed book then a rushed book. This is "The Kingkiller Chronicles" and I believe that it is a trilogy but it's not very clear on that. It is adult fantasy. So excited to read it! The second book featured here is "Falling Kingdoms" by Morgan Rhodes, hardcover edition. This series is classified as young adult fantasy. I have heard some great things about this series but it seems that there are a lot of really mixed feelings on it as well ... so I am a little scared to read it at this point and time because I hate becoming really excited about a book only to discover that I don't personally like it ... this is a six book series with four books currently released. I am going to read this first book before purchasing any of the other books. It is actually a part of my September TBR goal.

I have some serious bookshelf reorganization to undertake!

As a side-note, all of these books arrived in excellent condition which I was really pleased about.

No comments:

Post a Comment