Tuesday, September 22, 2015

"Queen of the Tearling" by Erika Johansen


18712886
One hundred and five pages into this book and I had had enough. It started off on a promising note and I was actually rather enjoying it for the most part, but things went sour rather quickly. First I was a little put off by how our main character, Kelsea, kept ogling any male that crossed her path. She was raised in isolation with a older couple as her sole companions so perhaps this can be excused but it doesn't excuse her personality and stupidness. I believe that the part that bothered me the most however is that this book seems to be taking place in the future ... if we reverted backwards in technology. There was mention of the British and Americans, lost medical technology, birth control, etc. This is not the kind of Fantasy that I look for in a book and I did not enjoy it.

My Rating: 2 Stars - Did not finish

No comments:

Post a Comment