Saturday, September 26, 2015

"The Last Olympian" by Rick Riordan


4502507
The final book, and the conclusion, to the "Percy Jackson and the Olympian" series by Rick Riordan. This was one of those series that I wish that I had discovered during my teenage years rather then now as a adult since I feel like the reading experience would of been far greater. I love the story premise and how Riordan created this entire series based around the gods from Greek mythology, I enjoyed the humor, I enjoyed the overall story, but it is all just a tad juvenile for me. I was hoping for a repeat of the Harry Potter series where the books grow and mature with the characters, and Percy does go from a twelve year old to a sixteen year old over the course of these five books but the books never seem to develop in a maturity level as far as the tone of the books go. I still vastly enjoyed this series however, and this book had a very satisfying conclusion where everything was nicely wrapped up. I find myself very interested in reading the mythology where Riordan's stories originated from, as well as Norse and Roman mythology as well. I do plan on eventually reading Riordan's other book series.

My Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment