Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Mini Barnes and Noble Book Unboxing/Haul | September 2015

I have a small Barnes and Noble book unboxing/haul to show you guys today. I purchased this deluxe edition of "The Lord of the Rings" by J.R.R. Tolkien. It contains all three books in the trilogy ("The Fellowship of the Ring", "The Two Towers", and "The Return of the King"), its floppy, the cover feels like suede, must I really say more! Of course this trilogy already resides in my book collection in its place of honor but it is a very large leather bound collectors edition so I wanted to get a edition that would be easier to read and that I wouldn't have to worry about the very act of touching it or breathing on it while attempting to read it. Yeah, I have issues. I also purchased this beautiful 75th anniversary hardcover edition of "The Hobbit" with original artwork by the author himself. Gorgeous. This title also already resides in my collection but as a leather bound pocket edition, I wanted to upgraded although I will probably be keeping both.

Next I purchased "The Wise Man's Fear" by Patrick Rothfuss, soft cover edition. This is the second book in the kingkiller chronicles. A behemoth of a book that is just shy of a thousand pages. Sadly this one arrived damaged. The back cover and some of the back pages are crinkled. I contacted Barnes and Noble about a replacement.

Stay tuned for my Book Depository book haul that I will hopefully be receiving in the next day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment