Saturday, July 25, 2015

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

Hey guys, this is the mid-year book freak out tag that I will be hosting for you. Basically I will just go through a list of questions and fill in my answers to those questions. Feel free to copy these questions in the comments before with your own answers!

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

Best book that you have read so far in 2015?

"The Princess Bride" by William Goldman, but because this was a re-read for me I am going to take the liberty of choosing a second title, which is "Red Rising" by Pierce Brown.

Favorite sequel of 2015?

I have started a lot of series and trilogies this year, but I have not read a lot of sequels at this time, so not having a lot of options at the moment I would probably go with "The Sea of Monsters" by Rick Riordan.

A new release from 2015 that you have not read yet but really want to?

There are a lot of new releases from 2015 that I have not yet read but really want to. I will go with the ones that I do not actually own but that I am interested in reading, and that would be "A Court of Thorns and Roses" by Sarah J. Maas as well as "The Wrath and the Dawn" by Renee Ahdieh. I either have read, or own, a lot of the other new releases so it is just a matter of making my way through them now.

Books to be released for the last half of the year that you are most excited about?

Oh boy, there are a lot of books to be released for the last half of this year that I am feeling excited about. For starters, "Illuminae" by Amie Kaufman, "Six of Crows" by Leigh Bardugo, "The Scorpion Rules" by Erin Bow.

Biggest disappointment?

"The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. I hate this book. I don't understand why it continues to be gushed about in the book community today, or why it was ever gushed about to begin with. I would also have to go with "Divergent" by Veronica Roth, I was just expecting something a little better then what I got because of all of the hype surrounding this book.

Book that most surprised you?

The book that I wasn't expecting to like as much as I did, would have to be "A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness. I wasn't expecting all of the feels that I got from this book when I first went into it, and I surely wasn't expecting the superb writing. This was a very pleasant discovery.

Your favorite new author?

I have discovered so many new authors this year that I have fallen heads over heels in love with. This is not going to be a one answer kind of question. Patrick Ness, Rick Yancey, Rick Riordan, Victoria Aveyard, Pierce Brown, V.E. Schwab, Catherynne M. Valente, Neil Gaiman, Marissa Meyer, just to name a few. I have a feeling that this list is only going to continue to grow as the year progresses, and this isn't even some of my older favorites just the newly discovered ones.

New favorite fictional character?

Just going off of some of the more recent books that I have read I would maybe say Darrow from "Red Rising", and Kell from "A Darker Shade of Magic".

A book that made you cry?

I don't typically cry when it comes to books that I am reading, but I will say that "A Monster Calls" was very gut wrenching and it is quite possible that I shed a tear or two during that one.

A book that made you happy?

I'm not a very big reader of the fluffy warm reads ... so for this one I may just go with "The Princess Bride" once again because I did find myself laughing out loud a couple of times while reading that one.

What books do you want to read for the second half of the year?

If you have been following my book hauls then you will know that a lot of those books are on my TBR (to be read) list, and my goal is to read through all of them in the months to come. I also have almost one hundred books on my to read shelf on Goodreads ... so for the question, a lot. I want to read a lot of books in the second half of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment