Sunday, July 5, 2015

My Half Price Books Haul July 2015

This haul took place at Half Price Books over the extended holiday weekend when I went shopping with my Mom. I hauled eight books during this trip.

First up is "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury. I have read this book roughly three times now and owned a shabby paperback edition in my library, now replaced by this gorgeous hardcover. I have searched for a nice hardcover edition of this book for a few years now so I may literally have squealed slightly when I spotted this edition on the shelf.

I found these three books in the bargain section. A paperback edition of "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins, a hardcover edition of "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins, and a hardcover edition of "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins. I don't really like having mismatched books, but there wasn't a hardcover edition of "The Hunger Games" available and at least it is the first book in the series so it won't look too odd on the shelves. I read this entire series a few years ago, and the series had not yet made a appearance in my library.

"Vicious" by V.E. Schwab. I recently read her book "A Darker Shade of Magic" and I really enjoyed her writing style so I of course grabbed this one up when I stumbled upon it. I heard some really good things about this one too. I have not yet read this one, and it is new to my library as well.

Here I have "I Am Legend" and "Hell House" combo by Richard Matherson. I have read "I Am Legend" before now but I have not read any of his other works. This is new to my library. I also have "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs. I have not yet read this book but I have heard some great things about it, it sounds right up my alley! This book is also new to my library.

218409
Lastly I got "The Town that Forgot How to Breathe" by Kenneth J. Harvey. This was a impulse buy because the cover and the title intrigued me. My younger sister borrowed this which is why I do not have a picture of it. However I looked it up on Goodreads after I got home and the ratings were very low for this book ... I am still going to read it but I am not quite as excited as I was prior.

That was my Half Price Books haul! I have four, yes four, shipments from Book Outlet, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble that will be arriving this month so stay tuned for more book hauls as those books come in!




No comments:

Post a Comment