Sunday, July 26, 2015

Unpopular Opinions Tag

Hey guys, today I am bringing you the unpopular opinions tag. Now this tag is titled unpopular opinions because a lot of people may not agree with your personal opinions, with that being said I do believe that this will be a fun one to fill out. Hehe

1. A popular book or series that you did not like?

There are actually quite a few popular books and series that I do not like. The "Twilight" series by Stephanie Meyer, the "Sookie Stackhouse" series by Charlaine Harris, any Nicholas Sparks books, "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger, the "Divergent" trilogy by Veronica Roth, and "The Immortal Instruments" series by Cassandra Clare. What do they are have in common? Poor writing skills, and most have either a corruptive relationship or a underdeveloped one featured in them.

2. A book that everyone seems to hate but that you love?

This is a difficult one for me since I overall have such excellent tastes in books (hardy hardy har har), but I might possibly go with the "Harry Potter" series by J.K. Rowling, and "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien. These books both have a huge following of fans, me included, but they do also receive a lot of negative attention due to their popularity. A lot of people just simply do not enjoy them, whist I on the other hand would claim these two as some of my absolute favorites.

3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the love interest that you didn't want them to end up with?

Hmm, I typically try to avoid books that involve 'love triangles' so this question is unfair ... I'm just going to say that the characters in my books generally make the right choices in the end.

4. A popular book genre that you hardly ever reach for?

Easy peasy, romance. I never read the romance genre, and I personally even tend to avoid the romance seeped young adult genre too. It just isn't something that I want to read. Most books have a spark of romance element in them because of a love interest, which is fine, I just don't want to read books that are seeping in it. I also hate the chick-lit genre. Fluff reads, no thank you.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like?

At the moment ... possibly Annabeth from the Percy Jackson series. A lot of people see her as a strong female character in the series, and really like her. I find her to be slightly annoying at this point and time in the place where I am at in the series ...

6. A popular book or series that you have no interest in reading?

The "Vampire Academy" series by Richelle Mead. This series has romance and chick-lit fluff written all over it. "The Ruby Red trilogy" by Kerstin Gier is also on this list. And "The Maze Runner" trilogy by James Dashner. The Maze Runner sounds like a good read but I have been hearing a lot of people stating it as just 'okay', and that the books really deteriorate from there ... so I am just avoid this one altogether.

7. Which movie adaption do you prefer over the book?

This is a hard one as I usually almost always prefer the book over the movie ... but maybe "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson. I saw the movie before reading the book so that possibly has something to do with my preference, but I just feel like the movie was portrayed better.

Feel free to copy the questions and fill them in with answers of your own in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment