Friday, July 10, 2015

Barnes and Noble Book Unboxing / Haul July 2015

I had three boxes awaiting me when I arrived home from work today. Two were from Barnes and Noble, and the third was from Book Outlet (featured in a separate unboxing/haul). The first box contained this gorgeous "Daughter of Smoke & Bone" hardcover trilogy by Laini Taylor. I have had this trilogy on my to be read list for a while now, I heard great things about it through fellow bloggers and Goodreads members, and I sadly could not get it through my local library, so yes, I bought it. I really hope that I enjoy this trilogy if just for the sake of justifying the purchase. The first book in this trilogy is "Daughter of Smoke and Bone", second book is "Days of Blood & Starlight", and third book is "Dreams of Gods and Monsters".

The second box contained these two books. "The Archived" the first book in the "Archived" series by Victoria Schwab in a hardcover edition, and the second book in the Archived series "The Unbound" also in a hardcover edition. These books are really beautiful. I have read a Victoria Schwab book before now (A Darker Shade of Magic), really enjoyed her writing style, and these books sounded absolutely delicious. You may notice however that "The Archived" has damage to the top portion of the dust cover ... I contacted Barnes and Noble about this issue and am awaiting their response. I hate when books arrive damaged, it ruins my gleeful mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment