Friday, July 31, 2015

Final Book Haul ... For July

This will be my final book haul, final as in the last book haul for the month of July ... because tomorrow is August 1st. Ha! Did you guys even for a second think that I actually meant that I wasn't going to be buying anymore books?! Do you even know me, like at all?!

First up in this book haul is my Amazon order that I actually received earlier in the week. I had a five book paperback set in my Harry Potter collection and the last two books in the series were hardcovers, so I replaced the five paperback editions with the hardcover editions. I have wanted to replace these books for a few years now, so I finally took the plunge and just did it. The five new editions are of course reprints, whist the last two are first editions having bought them upon their release dates.

"A Darker Shade of Magic" by V.E. Schwab, hardcover edition. I read this book a few months ago and highly enjoyed it. This is the first, and the only book that I have read to date that was written by V.E. Schwab, but I found her to be a terrific writer and so I have since then bought a few more books that where written by her that I plan on reading very shortly, I had hauled them earlier this month. I hear nothing but good when it comes to Miss Schwab.

"Cinder", "Scarlet", "Cress", and "Fairest" by Marissa Meyer, all hardcover editions. I literally just read the first three books this past week and I really liked them. I had a paperback edition of "Cinder" that I had only just hauled earlier this month, but when I went online to purchase the rest of the books in the series the hardcover editions were only a dollar or two more then the paperback editions so I of course chose to go that route ... but I wanted them to all match, so I decided to sell my paperback edition and purchase a hardcover edition instead. *Sigh* I have issues ... "Fairest" is a prequel to this series that I have not yet read.

That is the last book haul for the month of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment